WHO WE ARE
Over the past 85 years, our family has perfected the art of organizing Christian tours. Our Jerusalem-based company was founded by George Garabedian, a native of that city, whose passion for the Holy Land was legendary. In 1925, he established a travel office catering to the needs of Christian pilgrims visiting the Holy Land and soon became a top expert in his field.
His close attention to detail, his understanding of the differences between a vacation tour and a deeply rewarding spiritual journey, together with his unwavering commitment to putting the needs of clients first, remain core values to this day. George’s dedication to serving Christian groups from around the world led him to be named Honorary Consul of the Philippines and to receive keys to the cities of Detroit, Houston and Charlotte, among many other awards.
In 1988, his legacy was taken on by his son Garo, a graduate of the prestigious École Hôtelière de Lausanne (a hospitality management university), under whose leadership the high level of service that our clients have come to expect reached new heights.
With the arrival of George’s nephew Moses in 1996 after his graduation from the American University in Washington, D.C., a third generation is active in the company. Moses is currently President of GGC and proud to be carrying on the family’s tradition of excellence.
Although many tour companies have followed our lead and recreated our programs over the years, our passion still sets us apart. Today, more than ever, we stand behind our reputation of consistently delivering the best travel experience to Christian visitors to the Holy Land.
THE GGC DIFFERENCE
We treat all our clients as guests and friends when they travel with us. As such, we are also proud to offer:
- Accommodation of all reasonable special requests from clients with a smile
- Visits to hospitals and schools sponsored by Christian organizations
- Organization of a private audience with local religious leaders of all faiths, such as His Beatitude the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem and the Custos of Terra Sancta
- Franciscan guides on request, who provide expert commentary on the life and ministry of Our Lord
- Added emphasis on Mass and other Christian liturgies based on your wishes
- Very special Christmas and Easter programs
- Accommodations in our own hotel, the Christmas Hotel, as well as special religious houses on request. These are typically historical dwellings that provide simple comforts and homemade food in peaceful and often beautiful surroundings that lend themselves to quiet reflection.
- Special VIP assistance at the airport
- Free Wi-Fi on buses and Whispers for our guests’ convenience
- A cell phone for tour leaders for emergency purposes and possible last minute changes
GGC has grown over the years to be one of the leading tour operators in the Holy Land with a multi-lingual and experienced staff, we serve clients and tour operators from around the world focusing on religious and general sightseeing groups and individuals as well as business travelers.
The GGC Group consists of:
George Garabedian Tourist and Travel Bureau
The GGC Tourist Transport, a tourist bus company with 15 modern large buses, one mini bus, and two vans.
The Christmas Hotel, a four star boutique hotel of 35 rooms in Jerusalem in walking distance to the Old City.
- Vision: To provide quality services that exceeds the expectations of our esteemed customers.
- Mission Statement: To build long term relationships with our customers and clients and provide exceptional customer services by pursuing business through innovation and advanced technology.
- Core Values: We believe in treating our customers with respect and faith. We grow through creativity, invention, and innovation. We integrate honesty, integrity, and business ethics into all aspects of our business functioning.
- Purpose: To maintain our company as a leader in the Tourist industry in the country and neighboring countries by providing enhanced services, relationships, and profitability.
- Goals: Expansion in our clientele and markets by developing a strong base of key customers from all over the world with a focus on the Far East and South American markets which will increase our already established clienteles from other markets such as North America, Europe, and Russia. To maintain our good reputation in the field of tourism and travel services.